How can you mulch or compost certain things?

There are some compost / mulch bins in the building I live in so that tenants can put in food scraps and certain other things to be composted. I understand that things such as banana peels, skins of certain fruit that dome people don't eat such as those of mangoes and kiwi fruit and apples (etc) and I... show more There are some compost / mulch bins in the building I live in so that tenants can put in food scraps and certain other things to be composted. I understand that things such as banana peels, skins of certain fruit that dome people don't eat such as those of mangoes and kiwi fruit and apples (etc) and I understand that the seeds of apples and pears and kiwi fruit can be thrown in the bin to be composted and even the rind of watermelons which is the thick hard skin of a watermelon can also be composted, but what I wonder about is whether large pits such as those from avocados and mangoes and apricots can be composted. Also what about coconut shells and the shells of nuts such as walnuts, Brazil nuts, acorns and peanuts (etc)? Sometimes people throw dead flowers and the stems in. Can those be composted? I have heard that even bread and certain meat such as cooked hamburger can be put in a compost bin. Can raw meat? Some information on the internet say different things.
1 answer 1