What classification are bats?

I have seen a documentary on bats and the narrator had said that bats are mistaken for rodents but theyre related to humans.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Snoopy
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I agree with Chiroptera.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

the type of teeth that rodents have is very different than bats, idk how people can get them mixed up. bats belong to the Order Chiroptera, all rodents belong to the Order Rodentia. in animal classification the order is Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. humans are Animalia Chordata Mammalia Primates hominidae Homo Sapien, rodents are Animalia Chordata Mammalia Redenta (with several families and many genus and species. bats are Animalia Chordata Mammalia Chiroptera with the families genus and species..... the closest we are all related in the animal kingdom is our Class. our species, genus, family and order are all different

• MARK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The rodents are a taxonomic order (Rodentia). The classification of bats is at the same taxonomic level, i.e. an order. Bats belong to the order Chiroptera. Both orders are in the infra-class Eutheria (placental mammals). Eutherians are in the sub-class Theria, i.e. therian, or viviparous, mammals. The mammals are a class of animals (Mammalia).

• 6 months ago

yes by genetic studies .... have said so.... and lets not forget the movie the lost boys . with Keifer Sutherland

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Modern genetic classification indicates that the old idea of a distant relationship to primates is not true. Bats are apparently more closely related to carnivores, ungulates, and whales. I think it is best to interpret the discussion as indicating a lot of uncertainty as to the actual relationship of bats to other mammals. More work is needed.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Bats comprise the order Chiroptera.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.