How would you feel if this happened to you while dining at a restaurant?

Let's say you go to a restaurant and your server is more attentive to the other guests at the restaurant than they are towards you, your server also brings food to the guests that came in 10-15 minutes after you before they could take your order.

• Todd
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't say anything. It happens all the time. I don't feel bad. You have to remember it depends on the food. Some dishes are easier or faster to make. From order to table is not linear. You often have several people working on several dishes. There truly is chaos in providing food to people. Some times I get food too fast, before I've taken my first sip of my beer. Sometimes it takes forever. People sometimes come eat and go before I'm even served. I'm used to it. So, no worries :)

I would leave a tip of 1 cent they hate that.  I have heard them say better to leave no tip than a penny which is very insulting.  

• RICK

Happens frequently depending on what's ordered

They are always more attentive to larger groups because more people usually means larger tip

Do not go to these sites. They will steal your credit card information.

I was in a restaurant once and the waitress brought us our drinks and we continued to read the menu.

Meanwhile, people were seated at the table next to us. The waitress took their drink order, served their drinks, took their food order and served their MEALS before she even asked for our food order!

We got up and complained to the manager and left. We didn't even pay for our drink. They should have paid us for wasting our time sitting there for NOTHING!

• Bob

I think that I also would have complained to the manager and left, and would have refused to pay for our drinks

I'd be pretty unhappy about that.

• Bob

I would ask to speak to the manager,and leave a really small tip like $1, if you don't leave a tip they may think you are a cheapskate that just does not ever tip.

• RICK

Kathryn
      My wife worked food service for years
      Her standard tip is $1 per person at the tasble

Ask to talk to the manager if I have already ordered and ask for another server or just get up and leave if I haven't ordered and tell the manager why I'm leaving.

• KaleyK

I would feel the same way I always do .... mostly with my fingers and only some times with my toes. Seriously though, a restaurant patron has no entitlement to equal attention, sequential service, or for that matter, good service at all. My reaction would be a zero tip and not to return to the restaurant. Making a statement with your pocket book can be very effective.

Disinclined to tip anything.

• Dort

That would be a given.