Are V6 Chargers good cop cars?

my uncle is a cop and over here in Canada in my province they use the 2015-2019 Dodge Charger SXT as their main pursuit police car.

I had the priviledge of driving my friends SXT and I can tell you it is fast, but is it able to catch or even keep up with cars on the road such as V8 F150's or V8 Mustangs? how about V12 Jaguars?

Over here there are a lot of Type R's which are 4 cylinder turbo charged not sure if the SXT can keep up with it.

My uncles co worker was saying they should upgrade to the V8 model but its not in the budget

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Many police departments have adopted pretty conservative pursuit policies, the V6 may actually be a factor keeping pursuits in check.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

The police rarely engage in high-speed pursuit above 160 kph because it endangers the general public. A car with the capability of the SXT is completely adequate

• Ron
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Top speed of that car is 220 kph. The top speed of any F150 is 170 kph. No one can outrun a radio

• 12 months ago

No, they need lots of maintenance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dan
    Lv 5
    12 months ago

Nothing beats a radio and the Jag V12 mention gave me a laugh, a crook would be lucky to get it started.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.