Are V6 Chargers good cop cars?

my uncle is a cop and over here in Canada in my province they use the 2015-2019 Dodge Charger SXT as their main pursuit police car. I had the priviledge of driving my friends SXT and I can tell you it is fast, but is it able to catch or even keep up with cars on the road such as V8 F150's or V8 Mustangs? how... show more my uncle is a cop and over here in Canada in my province they use the 2015-2019 Dodge Charger SXT as their main pursuit police car.

I had the priviledge of driving my friends SXT and I can tell you it is fast, but is it able to catch or even keep up with cars on the road such as V8 F150's or V8 Mustangs? how about V12 Jaguars?

Over here there are a lot of Type R's which are 4 cylinder turbo charged not sure if the SXT can keep up with it.

My uncles co worker was saying they should upgrade to the V8 model but its not in the budget