drews asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 11 months ago

I’m 22 My credit score tanked and is a 435 can I ever get back to perfect status?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

You never were at perfect status. Perfect is 850. Less than 1% have that perfect score. No one at 22 has it.

You can always recover as long as you correct the mistakes that tanked your score. If you have judgments against you, you need to pay them off ASAP and even then, the black marks will stay with you for several years and you may not get back above 700 right away. But it's definitely doable.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

not for 7 years, what ever lowered your score, could stay on your report for 7 years. Maybe you can negotiate a pay for delete but as long as dedrogatory remarks are on your credit, you can not have perfect credit

• 11 months ago

It'll take a few years to improve your credit significantly, but even one slip-up along the way will instantly destroy what you've done.

• 11 months ago

Yes, but it won't happen overnight. Pay ALL of your debts and don't get behind again in your payments. In time, your score will improve. It probably will take 3 - 4 years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

1. pay what you owe

2. pay your bills on time

Don't know about perfect. But this is what it takes to have an excellent credit score.

• 11 months ago

No. You have a chance to get back to “good enough“ status though.

It will take years.

• 11 months ago

Perfect status? That's is a strange idea.Use credit and pay the bills promptly. Get a high-paying job or marry a rich person.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Start paying your bills on time and using credit responsibility. The good news is that any negative information has to drop off your credit report for the most part in 7 years.

Lv 7
    11 months ago

At your age, you never had a perfect status. I'm twice your age and don't have a perfect score. I think it's 750 or 760.

• Dort
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Depends on the credit model. FICO's top score is 850.

• nt
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

You were never at perfect status and you darn sure never will.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.