An I not a loyal Marilyn Manson fan because I dont own his entire discography?

I've owned Portrait of an Am Family, Smells Like Children, Antichrist Svperstar, Mechanical Animals, The Last Tour On Earth, Holy Wood, the Guns/God/Gov't tour DVD, Golden Age of Grotesque and Lest We Forget. The majority of which I enjoyed. (Not so much Mechanical Animals - but I liked a bit.) And I've owned The High End of Low (and only liked a few songs).

I've listened to Born Villian...but can't remember my opinion of it. Also, I want to give the songs of his I've never heard a chance, but don't know where to begin.

Btw, I bought his book Long Hard Road...

• Andrew
    Favorite Answer

When I was younger, whenever I got into a new band, I used to go out and get everything they'd ever recorded. But a good band will progress and change over time, they'll develop and they'll grow as musicians. Think of the best bands out there that have been together for a decent span of time. Their debut album doesn't sound anything like their most recent release. There's no law that says that if you like a band you have to like everything they've ever recorded. Some of the bands I loved years ago have released half a dozen records since I moved on to other music, but that doesn't mean that I don't still love and value their older stuff. You're not obligated to listen to every album or to own every album. That's not what it means to be a fan. How many people who claim to love Black Sabbath can name three songs they've recorded in the past 30 years? Listen to whatever you want to listen to, and do it in your own time.

I agree with Andrew.

Ask yourself if you are more interested in Marilyn Manson's music or are you interested in being a Marilyn Manson fan?

Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics are obsessed with something, not just a casual participant.