Can I call the police on a kitten mistakenly taken away?

So I was rehoming my kittens on Craigslist and on my Craigslist it literally says “Tabby Kittens - $150” These two teenage looking guys text me and come to pick one up. Me being nervous and shy didn’t mention the price because I thought they knew but they just ended up taking the kitten and leaving. I stood there... show more So I was rehoming my kittens on Craigslist and on my Craigslist it literally says “Tabby Kittens - $150” These two teenage looking guys text me and come to pick one up. Me being nervous and shy didn’t mention the price because I thought they knew but they just ended up taking the kitten and leaving. I stood there in shock because I thought they were gonna pay me. Now I’ve texted them and told them why didn’t they pay me and they said their coworker gave them the number and said they were free kittens. In our text messages before the pickup I didn’t mention the price because I thought they knew. Now they aren’t responding after I told them they can pay me through an app or I can go pick up the kitten. Do you think I can call the police?
9 answers 9