Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

What happened to people that died before Jesus Christ?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick G
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

When Jesus said that all those who were in the memorial tombs would come back to life, he wasn't referring to those to would die in the future. This scripture refers to all humans, from Abel down to the people that died today.

(John 5:28, 29) 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs WILL hear his voice 29 and COME OUT, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Jehovah God's love extends all the way back to the beginning of mankind's existence. The Apostle John made the point that the benefit of Christ's sacrifice was NOT just for Christians.

(1 John 2:2) 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s.

• 3 months ago

We all have a conscience we need to have kept clean .

• Otto
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

They will be also resurrected after Armageddon .

Source(s): Bible
  • 3 months ago

Jesus said:

John 5:28-29

28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Before he raised Lazarus and Jairus' daughter from the dead, he said:

John 11:11-14

11 After he said these things, he added: “Lazʹa·rus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.” 12 The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.”* 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died,

Mark 5:38-43

38 So they came to the house of the presiding officer of the synagogue, and he saw the commotion and those weeping and wailing loudly. 39 After stepping in, he said to them: “Why are you weeping and causing this commotion? The child has not died but is sleeping.” 40 At this they began to laugh at him scornfully. But after sending them all outside, he took the child’s father and mother and those with him, and he went in where the child was. 41 Then, taking the hand of the child, he said to her: “Talʹi·tha cuʹmi,” which, when translated, means: “Little girl, I say to you, get up!” 42 And immediately the girl rose and began walking. (She was 12 years old.) And at once they were beside themselves with great ecstasy. 43 But he ordered them again and again to let no one learn of this, and he said that something should be given her to eat. Mark 5:38-43

The resurrection of Jairus' daughter was reported by THREE gospels - Matt 9; Mark 5, and; Luke 8.

From these accounts it is obvious that death is like a sleep from which only God, through Jesus.can awaken them. And as John 5 states, he will, for the righteous and the unrighteous.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

According to the Bible, at physical death their spirit returns to God who gave it, and they have to account to God for how they lived in the flesh. That's in Ecclesiastes chapter 12, written long before Jesus appeared on Earth.

Also the Old Testament clearly teaches that faith in God is what God was looking for then, as when Jesus walked on Earth, as when Jesus had returned to Heaven. People of faith wrote:

“You guide me with your counsel, and afterwards you will take me into glory.” (Psalm 73:24)

“But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself.” (Psalm 49:15)

"The days of our years are threescore and ten...or if fourscore yet their strength is labour and sorrow, for it is soon cut off and away we fly." (Psalm 90:10)

“Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men who cannot save. When their spirit departs they return to the ground” (Psalm 146:4)

“Remember God… before the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it… For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.” (Ecclesiastes 12:1-14)

“Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt… You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.” (Daniel 12:2-13)

“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes.” (Job 19:25-26)

And don’t forget Enoch, for God took him instead of allowing him to die, and Elijah, who was caught up to heaven in a whirlwind without dying either – Hebrews 11:5.

In the NT, that book of Hebrews makes matters much clearer, so read all of chapter 11. Constantly, it is the faith of people in God, which enables them to remain faithful to God, that pleases God and assures them of that eternal future in glory. And in Romans chapter 2 the basis for God's judgment of everyone is stated, and chapter 4 details the example of that pre-Christian man of faith, Abraham. It's a big subject so you need to read a lot of what the Bible says on it and it's hardly possible to give more than this scant answer.

• 3 months agoReport

Listen, skin Jews alive as Mayan frog of biology class for Mayan God of creation. One baby Jews also cannot let go
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/187143291834/millions-of-hong-kong-people-are-queuing-up-to-get

• 3 months ago

Allah the Almighty [glorified and exalted be He] has sent a total of 125,000 prophets to the Earth. The second last was Prophet Jesus Christ [AS], and the last was of course Holy Prophet Muhammad [SAW]. Thus almost every community on earth had a prophet sent to them, even if we do not know the prophets' names, we believe in all of them. Those isolated communities who never had a prophet sent to them will be judged on their belief in one God. Lo! Allah is never unjust to his people!

• 3 months agoReport

Listen, skin Jews alive as Mayan frog of biology class for Mayan God of creation. One baby Jews also cannot let go
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/187143291834/millions-of-hong-kong-people-are-queuing-up-to-get

• 3 months ago

Reincarnation is to be born again......

• 3 months agoReport

JEWS MUST LASER TILL VANISH
      The demon want Jews children blood and soul by Oct 9th 2047(JUDGEMENT DAY)
      Doomsday? Ask Mayan cos he awaken in 2012

You didnot expect judgement day even book of life already exist? Don't forget, one baby Jews also cannot let go
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_137

• 3 months ago

Every single one of God's human children, past, present, and future, shall have a fair chance to hear the gospel of Christ (1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6) and benefit from it (1 Cor. 15:29). God's love, justice, and mercy are all intact.

• funnel3 months agoReport

The gospel of who before Jesus? Fair question. If Jesus died to save man from death what happened to souls before that? I've never understood that.

• 3 months ago

Why did Jesus speak of death as a sleep?

Because a sleeping person is inactive. During deep sleep there is no consciousness of surroundings or the passing of time. There is no pain or suffering.

Similarly, in death there is no activity or activity or consciousness. But the comparison goes further with sleep.

With sleep, one expects to wake up. And that is exactly the hope that the Bible offers for the dead.

This would be the resurrection that Jesus spoke about.

• They found out the truth. Some of them reincarnated, and some of them didn't.

• 3 months agoReport

The demon want Jews children blood and soul by Oct 9th 2047 (judgement day)
      Doomsday? Ask Mayan cos he awaken in 2012

You didnot expect judgement day even book of life already exist?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.