Texing dating rule?

Hello I was invited by a guy in another country after a year of texingfrom distance and stayed with his mum and he for 3days in his house.He told me he wants to know me more and we should be still just friends (no sex). After coming back,i thanked him and he replied me after a month(on the day of my birthday )and... show more Hello
I was invited by a guy in another country after a year of texingfrom distance and stayed with his mum and he for 3days in his house.He told me he wants to know me more and we should be still just friends (no sex).
After coming back,i thanked him and he replied me after a month(on the day of my birthday )and then after a week i sent him a message since he didnt say to me happy birthday "How is it going? And i mentioned to him that i had a good time with my family on my birthday " then after a week he said sorry that he forgot and he said happy belated b'day although it can be everyday birthday like "Alice in wonder land"then we started to texing 2days about foods and the second day when i asked him if he likes a kind of food.He doesnt reply me and it has been 2weeks that he saw my message but without reply.
I knew before that when we meet a guy in his country,it takes 1month for starting texing by him.But i dont know the rest of the rule of this game.Please tell me !