Do you agree with destroying a child's belongings as a punishment when they purposely break something of yours or someone else's?

Normally I don't condone destroying a child's belongings, after all it's not only childish but it sends the wrong message. However if the child purposely breaks something of yours or someone else's then that to me is a fair punishment. After all if an adult does something like that then you'd probably do the same thing to get even with them. So do you agree with this type of punishment if they purposely destroy something of yours or someone else's?

Yes....,.,.,,,,,.......

Breaking their stuff isn't gonna teach them anything. all it will show them is that they can break other peoples stuff if the other person broke their stuff.

Its so stupid to do that. plus its really violent.

• edward

Kids don’t own anything, everything belongs to the parents. What you can do is sell what they love. Get something from it instead of wasting money like that

That is ridiculous. But so is "If an adult does something like that, they would probably do the same thing". And adult wouldn't do so. Just a vengeful child in an adult's body.

Talk about sending the wrong message! You would be doing exactly what the child wrong, but getting away with it. You need to teach responsibility, not revenge!

no, cause two wrongs dont make it right

No, I don't agree with you. Parents must also lead by example. I've read your questions - I can't imagine what type of example you are making.

Any particular reason you keep asking this? Can't understand the answers? Let me make my answer simpler so you can figure it out.

No.

" After all if an adult does something like that then you'd probably do the same thing to get even with them."

Dear god! You should take the items but hide them away or put them out of reach. BE A PARENT and stop playing games with a child.

I do not as an Adult female "get even" with people!

No you don't destroy the child's belongings as a punishment. If a child purposely break something of yours you take something of theirs and make it yours. You teach your child responsibility that if they break something they have to pay for it. Or they have to trade something to you of equal value for what they broke. That's not a punishment that's a proper lesson.

Yes I agree .