Police officer lost my wallet?

I’ve been arrested a couple days ago and the police officer that arrested me has lost my wallet with my money and everything inside ,is there any action I can take into bringing that to justice ?

• james

You can file a Federal complaint about such. About it. Cops in the U.S. are good for doing that. It cost you time & money as personal punishment by the likes of them.

Police can do whatever they want. They have no obligation to be honest or honorable. When they do dishonorable things, they lie about it and it's over.

If you have been let out of jail and your property was not returned to you at that time, you should have filed a complaint then and there.

Running out of gas is after the fact. If your wallet contained your driver's license, and it was lost, why are you driving???

Go to the police station Internal Affairs office and complain. Do it today.

• Bruce

The quickest and easiest way is to contact the City Clerk and file a claim.

maybe you can talk to a lawyer about it

Absolutely, you can and should.

• Angelo4 months agoReport

What’s the first step of the process?

Did the police officer admit it? If not, no.

i would talk to a lawyer about it

• .

People who are arrested and taken to jail must hand-over their personal effects, including their clothing and anything in their pockets, purses, wallets, backpacks, and brief cases. These items put into a locker or storage room for safekeeping.

You need to contact the jail to get your wallet back.

• Angelo4 months agoReport

I did and nothing and I just ran out of gas for the week

Yes. Add up the cash, the value of the wallet, any expenses related to getting duplicate cards. Present that total as a claim against the police department.

only if there's a record of him taking it from you. but at the very least that kind of behavior should be logged for potential investigation by IA if the officer shows a pattern of such behavior.