Kini
Lv 7
Kini asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 11 months ago

Why do I keep getting asked to check the squares every time I post a question?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • They think you may be a spam bot. I get randomly asked but not as often as before but it still happens. Just have to grin and bear it. Usually, I have no problems at all passing the test. Take your time when you do it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

For the same reasons all the people who asked this prior to you have been told. It's to ensure you're a human user and not an automated bot program (because the site suffered multiple massive bot attacks in 2018.

• Kini
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

There is probably no difference in bot responses or human responses to questions. Nobody can tell the difference. Who cares?

• 11 months ago

Gov't mind control test to see how long it takes you to quit the site.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

To Prove that you are a Human being and Not a Bot something new that Yahoo is Testing out Yahoo is trying to Control Spam and Bots and such Its not just you thats seeing them a lot of Other Users are starting to see it come up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sharon
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

It is a new anti-spam measure to prove that you are a human and not a bot. It is being used to fight spam on the site.

Lv 7
    11 months ago

It's a measure to help fight spam bots. Over the years, we have had huge attacks (often of Chinese spam).

On a desktop, you have to pass the test once. On a phone, you usually have to pass six or more tests. That is reducing our mobile users.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.