john asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

Should I quit high school football again?

My sophomore year I quit football during team camp. They convinced me to come back even though I never wanted. Now that we’re in training camp and I remember why I don’t like football I want to quit again. I have no love for the game it’s like all my love for football left my body. My coach is definitely gonna be mad but idc. What should I do?

• Cu Tie

No, my best advice for you is to continue playing football. At this point, it is not worth it for you to quit on your high school football team.

Just work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this autumn (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch high school football player, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your senior year of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.

• Sure. Quitting seems to be something you're good at. The good news is that eventually it'll be all you're good at, and in a couple decades you'll end up lying to people and telling them how great you were.

• john9 months agoReport

Y r u being mean I had to stop last year due to family reasons and this year my body can’t handle it.

Quit. You already did it once. It will get easier to keep quitting things.

• john9 months agoReport

The reason I quit last year is cause my mom needed help with my dying grandfather because my dads job makes him go on business every week

No one convinced you go back, you lying little weenie. You're a loser. Coach doesn't like losers.

• .

If you're at least average, stick with it. It's great exercise and you can enjoy hanging out with your teammates. But some positions are more prone to serious injury. When I was in high school, punt returners often got hurt.

Wrestling, soccer, or basketball are usually safer.

• john9 months agoReport

I’m a undersized offensive lineman