What’s wrong with my computer?

I received an Alienware custom built desktop awhile back. I’m not sure when it was first made but the power supply is only a 150W. When I first used it, it was working perfectly but then after a week or two it would turn on but nothing would show up on the display. I figured maybe it was time to replace the graphics card and the power supply. I did and the computer started working fine again but now I’m having the same problem. You can hear it booting up but no display. (Also the new graphics card and power supply are not Alienware, too expensive. The new graphics card is EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and the power supply is EVGA 850GQ.)

I would not recommend 150W PSU with anything but the most basic of graphics cards, I would also be very surprised if alienware used such a low psu though since they are now part of dell maybe standards have dipped

you need to take the CPU out and then it will work

The " EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti", only works with Intel motherboards.

• Gordon B

Works with any mother board with a PCIe slot.

Intel processors are generally better with nvidia but amd will work and newer amd may also be just as good.

That’s the old power supply but yes I believe if I’m reading correctly it is a 150W. I hooked all the old stuff back in to get the lights to work to see if they would blink to tell me what wrong but they don’t. I’m not exactly computer savvy so forgive me if I’m wrong. The old graphics card is a GeForce Gt 640

Are you completely sure the p/s says it is "150W"???? I hate to tell you, but most video cards won't even show a screen at such a low output of power. In addition, I seriously doubt that a 150W p/s would be in that pc

You must be mistaken on the power.

Nonetheless, make sure your connections to your videocard are solid.