How do i use this pressure cooker ?

i purchased a pressure cooker and need to cook something at 15psi. the presure value says 50Kpa. The instructions booklet says it can go up to 100KPa do i need to get a different valve ? If so are they universal?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

15PSI is about 103.4KPA. Using 100KPA ought to work fine.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

15 psi is about 100 kPa.

50 kPa is only about 7.5 psi so your food will take longer to cook at the lower pressure.

• 12 months ago

You need a new pressure cooker. Replacing the valve isn’t going to increase the pressure. Pressure increases when the temperature increases.

Trying to make it exceed the maximum pressure only puts you at risk of getting killed by an exploding pressure cooker. The pressure cooker is made with material that is meant to withstand a maximum pressure. If it exceeds the limit there’s a chance the cooker won’t be able to contain the pressure. It’s like using a closed plastic jug and putting the bottle over a flame trying to heat the water inside and not expect the bottle to explode in your face.

Is 3-4 kpa going to make that much of a difference.

• 12 months ago

According to Google 103.421 KPA (kilopascal) is about 15 psi. Are you absolutely sure you need 15 PSI?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.