Should I tell him now that I’m keeping it if I don’t miscarry?

I found out about one week ago that I’m pregnant. I knew I had no intention on keeping it. I’ve had an abortion earlier this year and I’ve taken lots of plan B pills. I swear I thought by now my uterus would be a battle field..

Anyways at a younger age I was told getting pregnant would be hard for him but I was young and still am I didn’t think about it.

Last night I had this weird dream I was miscarrying. I woke up and I’m the afternoon I started to experience very dark blood but just a bit by bit. It’s weird but I already feel a connection with this baby. My bf was against having a baby but when he found out I was pregnant he seemed kinda happen:. I told him I was having an abortion and he eventually accepted it.

Now I’ve changed my mind and I’m not sure how he’d react.. since my mention of the abortion we have been fighting constantly over everything.

• Edna

You've had one abortion in one year's time, and you've taken LOTS of Plan B pills! Brilliant!! Why aren't you using birth control? Plan B is NOT birth control.

I don't think you "found out a week ago" that you're pregnant". I don't think you're pregnant at all and you're not about to miscarry. From what you wrote, it sounds as if you began a menstrual period yesterday afternoon. A menstrual period ALWAYS means you're not pregnant. Surely, you know that. Oh, wait! Any woman who would take LOTS of Plan B pills probably doesn't know that.

I think the best thing you can do for your boyfriend is cut him loose, and quit jacking him around with your tales of pregnancy.

• Jason

When your child may be around 10 months old when he/she starts to react to you and smile at you making you his/ her favourite person, you would realize how foolish the idea of abortion would have been

Suppose you decided to have kids later on in your life and that child begins to behave as I mentioned above, you will regret your MISTAKE OF ABORTION which has happen earlier in your life and that regret won't go, believe me!

Don't do a thing which you will have to regret at a later stage in your life, your hardships now will ultimately end with time

I hope you would think twice!

• LizB

I would suggest that you make up your mind once and for all before telling him anything and stop jacking the guy around.

Abortion and lots of Plan B... Did actual BIRTH CONTROL never occur to you??

Lots of Plan B means you far exceeded the YEARLY recommended limit, so your hormones are completely out of whack. Who knows if your levels are able to support a pregnancy?

"I've taken lots of plan B pills"

Do you not know how to use a condom????

• MissA

I think that you really could stand to not try to force everything in your life to be as dramatic as possible.

• Pippin

I think you still have time to think about what is best for you AND any potential child.

Your description of your sexual and reproductive history indicate that you are an EXTREMELY irresponsible person. (Taking PlanB over and over again and having 2 unplanned pregnancies in less than 9 months does not suggest a woman who gives much thought to ANYTHING she does.)

If you are this irresponsible now, do you REALLY think this will change over the course of your pregnancy? (If you can't use a condom, do you think you'll be able to eat properly and see your doctor or midwife for regular check-ups?) How will it change after baby arrives? If you can't remember to take a pill, how will you care for a helpless infant who needs to nurse every couple of hours around the clock, needs regular diaper changes and frequent doctor's appointments and lots of love and caring and attention.

Having a baby should not depend on poor decision making and a dream. It it a lifetime commitment to putting the needs of another person ahead of your own. Are you up to that?

(And from a practical POV -- do you have the financial ability to raise a child? Does your boyfriend have a job? Do you? Health insurance? Your own place? Enough money in the bank to cover your medical costs and the time off you will need after baby arrives -- and to pay for daycare if you go back to work? If he walks away (and a month ago you described him as 'a guy I've been seeing ....') will you be able to cope emotionally, and financially with only child support payments?

EDIT: Yes, Jason, her hardships will end when her child is taken away and put into foster care because she neglects or abuses it, or or is a drug user.