If a car is parked halfway out in the road on a suburban residential street and you hit it is it their fault?

Wouldn't this be impeding or obstructing traffic? Say a car is parked in front of a house and halfway out in the street. You hit the car as you go around for whatever reason. Isn't that the parked vehicles fault for impeding traffic and being in the road. I live in Kentucky, USA. I am having a discussion... show more Wouldn't this be impeding or obstructing traffic? Say a car is parked in front of a house and halfway out in the street. You hit the car as you go around for whatever reason. Isn't that the parked vehicles fault for impeding traffic and being in the road. I live in Kentucky, USA. I am having a discussion with others. I say it is their fault and another person says it would by my fault because you must keep control of your car and avoid the car.
Update: What if you are avoiding to hit a dog or another car that will not move out of the way. The car in the street is impeding and obstructing your lane causing a safety issue?
Update 2: What if a Firetruck tries to go around and hits it because the car is taking up the lane too much?