why is Britain so much more hated than france?

i presume jealousy, britain ruled the world for 200 years.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Success breeds contempt, as the old adage goes.

• Tina
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Dave, Britain fought in two world wars, yes, but I don't know what you mean by 'complicit' - she didn't start them, and you may dislike the fact that Germany lost both of them and Britain didn't but you will find comparatively little support there.

As for the rest it is simply not true.

Britain did not have Palestine n 1917, and did not 'give it to the Zionists' - read the Balfour Agreement - it says nothing of the kind and of course they didn't start the problems in the Middle East.

And why do you maintain they could have saved Europe's Jews from Hitler's concentration camps? how? however much you want to spare the Nazis the guilt of the Holocaust, you cannot do it by lying - Hitler and his regime built and staffed the labour camps, and later the death camps - they built the gas chambers, and Hitler's own SS shovelled the Zyklon B capsules into them to kill the Jews, they gunned them down at Babi Yar, drowned them, starved them at Belsen - and forebade Jewish emigration in 1941.

So how can you possibly support your statement?

Again, however often you repeat a lie you cannot make it true.

• 4 months ago

Yes but when the British Empire ruled the world they did it with tyranny. The Americans were the only successful rebellion against their British rulers but they were not the only to rebel.

• 4 months ago

Hated by who? I would suggest that a lot more people like the UK than France. The Commonwealth is bigger than la franophonie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nina
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Coming from a country which was ruled by Britains for over a century, Britains drained our wealth and resources making it nearly impossible to rise again. But I don't put the blame on Britains alone. Our former kings should've been more aware of what was happenning in the surrounding countries.

France on the other hand was not called 'the empire on which the sun never sets'

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

France had (and still has) rather substantial overseas possessions.

• blu
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I don't know that to be true or false.

When you start a q w/ the word "why", and your assertion is controversial/opinionated, the burden of proof is on you to establish validity behind your assertion.

Envy/jealousy result f/ what people see present tense, not f/ what was lost to the past so your opinion is wrong about that.

I hope you're a child. It's significantly more disappointing when adults are so immature.

In the future, consider the "polls and surveys" category where opinion is encouraged. History is rooted in fact.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I wasn't aware that anyone would be so foolish and angry as to hate an entire country!

Britain has never 'ruled the world'.

• Liam4 months agoReport

the british empie did "rule the world" meaning the dominant uncontested power not literally if so, I'd have to downscale to a 3rd of the world

• 4 months ago

They were complicit in both World Wars, they reneged on a deal with the Arabs over Palestine (1915), they gave Palestine to the Zionists (1917) which started the Israeli/Palestine conflicts beginning in 1948 and continuing to the present day, they had the chance to save the Jews in Nazi prison camps but refused - what's not to hate?

• ◄♦►
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

"Nuremberg?" - Do you mean that show "trial" where the accused was tried and convicted by the same ones who tried to destroy them during the war? There must have been kangaroos jumping out the windows.

• 4 months ago

Please cite your sources. Most people hate France and are neutral about Britain.

Also, please explain WHICH 200 years Britain ruled the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.