Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 9 months ago

What classes should I take in High School if I I want to be a Politician?

So I’m going to be a freshman in a couple of days. I’m into politics from a long time ago, I was wondering, what classes should I take in high school? My high school does not offer any Political Science classes, but they do offer extra social studies classes. One class my counselor gave me was Psychology, but I’m not sure if this is the right class if I want to be a politician. Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

Psychology is a good class for future politician. Knowing how to people think and being able to get into their brain will help you. History is another good class. Social studies is good. Also if you can, get on a debate team. Public speaking is good.Math classes are good. summer school in political science would also help

Don't destroy your life. If you become a politician you will have to sell your soul. You'll be a liar, cheat, deciever, and manipulator among other unsavoryness.

• Lili

Politicians come from a variety of academic backgrounds. You don't have to study anything in particular.

However, a solid knowledge of history and government is always a help, as is English -- writing skills are important -- and anything that encourages critical and analytical thinking. I'd also suggest getting involved in speech and debate.

Many politicians are lawyers. Once you get to college, you will not have to major in anything in particular to prepare for law school, but good majors for future lawyers are, again, history and English. Philosophy is another useful subject. You might think that Political Science (or Government) would be a natural major for a future politician, but while you should certainly take classes in it, you don't have to major in it.

I'm not sure exactly which subjects are offered by your high school, but in general if you are interested in becoming a politician, it would be a good idea to take classes on economics, current affairs, international relations, oral communication, history, critical thinking, law, and social studies. Psychology is also a good idea, as your counselor recommended.

• Stella

Successful politicians typically have some other career before running for office.

Would you vote for a new college graduate?

History, social studies, economics

If you can get group psychology, take it. Otherwise it'd be a waste of time.

• Cammie

For your first two years, concentrate on the core basics.After that, do take psych .I have no idea what other classes they offer.

• P

Look at the degrees the most successful politiciations hold. You will find most do not have political science or psychology degrees. While there's no rule many will have some type of law degree or economics. Otherwise any degree that makes you look smart on paper works well (medical, math, science, and engineering). You also need to start getting involved in volunteering for local campaigns and political clubs.

Get into student body activities especially ones that require speaking. I was editor-in-chief of the newspaper which put me into the leadership class. I did not become a politician but it helped with public speaking.

• Dze

you dont need any education or qualifications to be a lying slimey pos politician .. all you have to do is know how to bullsht people good ..