sophie asked in PetsOther - Pets · 9 months ago

Are my rabbits pregnant?

I am currently fostering two female 6 month old rabbits and own a male unneutered and female neutered rabbit (4 years). They’ve been with me for a week with no problems. I went out for two hours today and found the females got out of their Xpen and pushed the wall down on my older rabbits Pen and got in with them. When I entered the room there was fluff everywhere and one female was in the corner of their pen and the other was just running around the room. The older rabbits had stayed in their pen.

My foster rabbits were up for adoption. However now how do I know if they have mated? I know they’ve been fighting with all the furr around the room but do I take them down from adoption because of this? Please help! I’ve added a photo of one of their pens

• Snezzy

Rabbits have what is called "induced ovulation" in which the act of mating causes ovulation. That is why they "breed like rabbits" and threatened to sink Australia under their combined weight. Well no, not really. It just seemed that way.

The phrase "quick, like a bunny" applies not only to how they can run, but to how they mate. It's fast. If you blink or step out of the room you'll miss it, and swear it never happened. Boy bunnies are not particularly particular about who receives their amorous attempts. We caught our bunny trying to cross-breed cabbits by mating with our (fixed) (male) kitty cat.

Answer: Probably yes.

I dont know never had a rabbit