promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Fatima asked in PetsBirds · 9 months ago

Found wild pigeon outside my door and it won't fly. Help please I don't want it to die.?

Outside my door out in the open I walked past a pigeon and it didn't fly away. I went up close and he appeared not to have even seen me. I didn't want any predators to get him so I picked him up and he squealed but didn't try to run away. I put him in a large cage in my backyard. Put bread bits, cat food pieces, and a bowl of water, but he wouldn't eat.

I'm getting really worried. His eyes look crusty and watery so I think he is blind. I went to the backyard after a while and found a bunch of cats surrounding the cage or lying on top of it. So i covered the cage with a large cloth but they are still hanging out around the cage. I need help please I get really soft for animals and I don't want it to die

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Kick it away or throw it in the trash or something. Pigeons are NASTY, they are rats with wings. They spread all kinds of diseases and parasites and likely was poisoned since its a pest

AC won't do anything other then to kill it and wild life rescues won't take pests

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

This pigeon was already very sick when you found it. Its only chance is to go to an avian vet right away, and it's not much of a chance. Birds hide their illnesses as long as they possibly can; it's in their nature. Even a dear pet bird's illness can be hard to spot until it is too late.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Hahahahaha take him to the pokemon center

• 9 months ago

It would be better if you contact your vet who may know of a Wildlife Rescue Centre which is where this bird should go, unless you put him somewhere 'safe' and let nature take it's course. Interfering with nature when a person doesn't know what they are doing, won't help - birds often die from stress, if this one wasn't on the way out in any case.

Please DON'T leave him where cats will be able to get to him - and leaving him crated outside like that, is just plain cruel.

ps These birds need grain, not bread or cat food!! Water, yes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

call animal control , they might help you out with it

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Pigeons prefer grain with water available. It could be dying, even of old age.

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Dude ... breast it out and fire up the barbecue!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.