promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 9 months ago

Turning running salvage into dependable & presentable with no extra $ upfront?

2001 Suziki was deemed salvage by insurance after an accident. Only willing to give me $3k for it. (Still runs.. door damage) Keeping it was only $400 difference but cant because it's titled in NJ.. I moved to VA & cant tow it just for a clean title)

So with no extra $ & "fair" credit here are my options as thought out..

A) Somehow convince a private owner to take $2900 on a vehicle $6k or more & pray car was taken care of & no major work needed for at least 6 months

or

B) Take the $3k pay off my credit debt (a loan & a couple credit cards) Still have a grand to use as a down payment at a dealer to finance a used vehicle & hope again that car is mechanically sound

What should I do????

Update:

I really dont want to get stuck into a long loan or big payments for a car valued at under $10k

Update 2:

Some viewers on mobile are not able to view my entire question above...

A) Somehow convince a private owner to take $2900 on a vehicle $6k or more & pray car was taken care of & no major work needed for at least 6 months or

B) Take the $3k pay off my credit debt (a loan & a couple credit cards) Still have a grand to use as a down payment at a dealer to finance a used vehicle & hope again that car is mechanically sound

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

PAY OFF YOUR DEBT

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Option A?

You think a private seller is going to sell you a car that is valued at $6K for $3K?????

Unless the private seller is your grandparents, parents, or other close relative, you are at Fantasyland.

• ...Show all comments
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

If it's worth $6K, why would they fire sale it at $3K instead of $5K or $5250 or even more?????

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

What ? ? ? ..............

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I am unclear exactly what your question is. Hard to understand where you get $6000. A 2001 would not be worth that except a low mileage car at full dealer retail. Or are you talking about buying another $6000 car for $3000?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.