Turning running salvage into dependable & presentable with no extra $ upfront?

2001 Suziki was deemed salvage by insurance after an accident. Only willing to give me $3k for it. (Still runs.. door damage) Keeping it was only $400 difference but cant because it's titled in NJ.. I moved to VA & cant tow it just for a clean title) So with no extra $ & "fair" credit here... show more 2001 Suziki was deemed salvage by insurance after an accident. Only willing to give me $3k for it. (Still runs.. door damage) Keeping it was only $400 difference but cant because it's titled in NJ.. I moved to VA & cant tow it just for a clean title)

So with no extra $ & "fair" credit here are my options as thought out..

A) Somehow convince a private owner to take $2900 on a vehicle $6k or more & pray car was taken care of & no major work needed for at least 6 months

or

B) Take the $3k pay off my credit debt (a loan & a couple credit cards) Still have a grand to use as a down payment at a dealer to finance a used vehicle & hope again that car is mechanically sound

What should I do????
Update: I really dont want to get stuck into a long loan or big payments for a car valued at under $10k
Update 2: Some viewers on mobile are not able to view my entire question above... A) Somehow convince a private owner to take $2900 on a vehicle $6k or more & pray car was taken care of & no major work needed for at least 6 months or B) Take the $3k pay off my credit debt (a loan & a couple credit cards) Still... show more Some viewers on mobile are not able to view my entire question above...
A) Somehow convince a private owner to take $2900 on a vehicle $6k or more & pray car was taken care of & no major work needed for at least 6 months or