should car drivers be banned from talking to passengers,so to concentrate on the road ahead.?

Favorite Answer

If police observe a driver being distracted by anything (including conversations with others in the vehicle) they can pull them over and ticket them for failure to use due care.

I once pulled up to a red traffic light on my motorcycle - I watched a car on the road I was getting ready to cross pull into the right-hand turn lane and stop, despite having a green light. There were four girls in the car and they were all laughing and talking with each other.

I knew exactly what was going to happen (having ridden motorcycles for over 30 years), and so when my light turned green, I proceeded across the intersection - and because nobody was coming the other direction, I pulled into the oncoming lane.

Sure enough, at *exactly* the moment I was in front of their car (and if I hadn't moved into the oncoming lane - would've been directly in front of their bumper) they decided to go - only seeing me at the last second. I gave them the finger, and proceeded on my way.

Yes,cause diput is holding up to others,nasty!Isn,t that how it is?

Yes????????????

Sure, and the next would be stopping from breathing and blinking eyelids and growing hair.

Sorry, many of us can multitask, ...breath, swallow, smell, sweat, SEE,HEAR, phart, burp, hiccup, and envision the destination, see the map in their head, street name, city name, see the speed signs and adjust speed to be correct, see stop signs or lights and react....& MUCH MORE.

Talking is a minor thought process as you do not have to face the person you are talking to...so there are no secrets in a bus. A cell phone is totally different as the person at the other end asks specific questions you have to think about that is not ROAD RELATED. SOMEHOW IT IS DIFFERENT. Some people CHOOSE NOT TO TALK, others sing, and play air guitar or air drums. Those who do, do. Those that don't, don't. It is the choice of the driver. Fortunately, there will be auto drive cars in the near future.

• chorle

No but for some cases for new drivers and motorcycle permits it often is already.

• That would achieve the opposite effect. You obviously do not have children :)

i think so,but it depends on the driver, some can concentrate while others cant

Not from passengers. As that may be necessary. Needs directions, etc. Only from texting or cell phone useage.

And hard to enforce, anyway.

If they allow themselves to be distracted by their passengers (or anything else) then they are already breaking the law by failing to drive with due care and attention.

• .

No. Then they would have to be banned from even talking to themselves or singing.