Is it bad to refrigerate my fish oil capsules if the instructions say to not refrigerate them?

I want to start refrigerating them because I have found that's the only way to prevent "fishy burps", however the bottle says "do not refrigerate". Is it a bad idea to refrigerate them anyway? Will this prevent their absorption, or cause them to degrade in quality? Thanks!

• denise

I take the Omega rich ones, but they dont give me fishy burps.

• Janet

Just throw out the fish oil capsules.

You should NOT refrigerate them, and obviously your body doesn't like them at room temperature.

Eat more salmon.

i wouldnt do it if the bottle says not to

If it says specifically "do not refrigerate" then do not do it.

An online search shows conflicting storage requirements. The actual brand is needed to help you further.

"Fish oils and other softgels should be stored in a cool, dry place, somewhere between 50-70°F. Typically, we would advise against storing your fish oil in the freezer. Refrigerating may be recommended by some, but it can also make the softgels brittle and subject to cracking and leaking."