Question about a weird flight delay yesterday and why it happened?

So yesterday I took a flight from Denver to Newark on United on a Boeing 738. We had to stop in Cleveland to refuel due to high winds on the way. That’s strange though because Southwest Airlines also had a flight going from Denver to Newark leaving at the same exact time as my flight and using the same exact kind... show more So yesterday I took a flight from Denver to Newark on United on a Boeing 738. We had to stop in Cleveland to refuel due to high winds on the way. That’s strange though because Southwest Airlines also had a flight going from Denver to Newark leaving at the same exact time as my flight and using the same exact kind of plane, and that flight made it to Newark without issues. So tell me, why did my flight need a refuel and not the other despite the fact that both flights left from the same city, at the same time, on the same kind of plane, heading to the same city. I’m so confused please explain