Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 11 months ago

does this mean alarm for rabies?

i am a health freak so i am asking this ridiculous question but forgive me... there is a small kitten where i live and i saved it from a tree. it has been 5 days since it stratched my hand. my hand did not bleed from its small paws but rabies is a dangerous illness after all... does this situation carry any risk?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

you are most likely fine. while cats can carry rabies and due to their grooming habits saliva can be on their claws, a little kitten would have shown signs of rabies pretty quickly so if it seemed like a normal cat it likely was.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Good news! You don't have rabies.

Bad news! You should wash your hands anyway.

• MARK
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Do you want flowers at your funeral or a donation in lieu to charity?

• Casey
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

if it did, it's too late for you to do anything anyway. Rabies is 100% fatal and if you come in potential contact with it you have HOURS to get to a hospital and get the vaccines.

That being said, a scratch won't transmit rabies. Its transferred via saliva. Also rabies is extremely rare. animals aren't just walking around carrying rabies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Rabies is present in saliva, not in the claws. If you are concerned then go see a doctor. Rabies is an incurable disease and only a vaccine given early can prevent it.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

i dont think that kitten was alive long enough to catch rabies, if youre not having any problems i wouldnt worry about it

• 11 months ago

You can't get rabies from a cat scratch. You need the saliva from a rabid animal to come into contact with your blood - usually from a bite. If you'd caught rabies, tetanus or even "cat scratch fever" 5 days ago, you'd be showing symptoms by now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.