Name a movie actor/actress,who tried,but never ever did get out of the shadow of a more illustrious parent,who was also in the movie world?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A good example of that is Patrick Wayne, John Wayne's son. In his case it's understandable because John Wayne was a legend.

In music, there's Frank Sinatra, Jr.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Yeah, John Wayne is a very hard act to follow. I give credit to Patrick and his other sons who have to grow up with a father who is famous.

• 4 months ago

Chris Mitchum.

• 4 months ago

I’d say Colin Hanks. Yeah he’s acted in several things but I doubt he’ll ever be as famous and successful as his father, Tom Hanks.

• 4 months ago

As big as Michael Douglas is, he was never the star that his father Kirk Douglas was.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Peter Fonda is the obvious example.

He made a couple of big movies and whole lot of horrible stuff over the years. He'll never be remembered as being as great as Henry Fonda.

• 4 months ago

It seems like Timothy Olyphant will never be as famous as his father, Billy Bob Thornton.

Or...are they clones?

• 4 months ago

Hanoi Jane Fonda & Peter Fonda

• 4 months ago

Ohhhhh, the ones that changed their names to hide the connection.........

Liza Minelli........Emillo Estevez.........certainly had careers of their own, but could never quite shake who their more famous parents were.

• 4 months ago

I think Tatom Oneal she was always in the shadow of her father,

Ryan Oneal.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Michael Douglas.

• 4 months ago

Carrie Fisher? She started out well, became very famous with Star Wars, but after that she didn't act in anything that helped her keep her "star" status. Besides, although she also sang beautifully, she was never acknowledged as a great or talented actress. She did better writing and fixing scripts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.