katey asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 10 months ago

Why did Harry and Meghan say that action is needed on climate change and then take four private jets in 11 days?

If they truly cared then wouldn’t they practise what they preach?

Favorite Answer

Typical of hypocrites, do as i say, not as i do.

• JimZ

As an American, I am totally disgusted with the British caste system. To me, royals are just elites that want to feed off the work of the people. They live in the luxury far above the peons that they look down on. In that regard, they are very much like leftists in the US and communist party leaders. To their credit, it seems to me that some of the royals are balking at their status and Harry marrying Meghan was a small example of that. I appreciated that he did what he wanted instead of what was expected. It is a small step in the right direction. Leftism in the US seems to be a continuation of that elitism of the British and it is no coincidence that New York, as stated in John Adam's biography has always been a nest of Torries, meaning English sympathizers. The US is far from perfect, and it seems there are endless examples of hypocritical elites preaching to others to conserve while they do the opposite. To me, societies with upper classes are little better than those with slavery. They are both obnoxious abominations.

• Lv 7

first, before even thinking about voicing your ill perceived ideas about the U.K. I advise you to think about a passage in the Bible, "Go forth and multiply" and the sooner the better!

Don't do as I do, do as I say and Prince Charles is of EXACTLY the same opinion.

Edit...Ignore the cowardly moron, who is now and forever will be beneath me, I have a boot scraper at my front door with more intelligence.

Because they are a pair of hypocrites. They couldn't care less about climate change only themselves.

• 10 months agoReport

The demon want Jews children blood and soul by Oct 9th 2047 (judgement day)
      Doomsday? Ask Mayan cos he awaken in 2012

You didnot expect judgement day even book of life already exist?
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/187143291834/millions-of-hong-kong-people-are-queuing-up-to-get

• Clo

Apparently, Elton John hired the jets for them. The company gives money to the Carbon Footprint initiative, so the Sussexes are paying attention to what they preach. However, they can do better. Too many private jet trips are still not good for the environment. The Sussexes' problem is security- privacy based. They could take commercial flights but the security detail can cause problems for some other passengers, they say.

The Sussexes also seem to be taking a lot of trips to luxurious vacation spots and this does not sit well with the average Briton who must watch their spending. The Sussexes need to watch their spending habits and be aware of the financial difficulties the average person faces.

• Verulam 1

I'm sorry what EJ says is BS. There was nothing to have prevented them from taking Scheduled Flights, if they had to keep having 'holidays'.

That’s the big issue here, as they seem hypocritical in their mission, and could’ve at least cut back on how they’d traveled.

• 10 months agoReport

• Brian

I'm starting to feel sour towards them, the preaching in itself is annoying but even more so when they no where near practice what they preach themselves.Why should some average man or woman be guilt ridden when they work hard and manage to take their family on a holiday that involves air travel, when Harry and Meghan jump on and off of planes in the manor an average person would a local bus?Also how can we have the true equality and level playingfield Meghan strives for when any criticism of them as a couple will enevitibly be end up being thrown back in your face with you being told you only critisise them because of Markles gender, nationality or race.

• 10 months agoReport

I think the climate change issue is just trendy with some celebrity types, like wearing a poppy, but deep down they don't really understand it, perhaps the Prince of 🐋's can better explain it to them.

• 10 months agoReport

• Jeff D

Why should I take climate change seriously when the people hectoring me about it don't take it seriously?

and yet you also mock Greta Thunberg for traveling by sailboat