Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

What does he want from me?

I just need advice, I’m separated from my husband last October 2017. We haven’t spoken since then. Anyway so I tried searching for someone not to have a relationship with but just to talk, I signed up in a dating site but couldn’t find one. I met this guy here in IG where he liked my pictures and we started chatting and talking. He said he was divorced and had a kid (17 yrs old) we started talking and all, I was vulnerable so I fell for him, well I’m not sure if it’s love cuz we haven’t met personally yet. I found out that they’re not divorce yet and the wife still goes to the house, he said he just didn’t want to hurt me but he really had plans on leaving when his child goes to college. He says he wants future with me, he’s 47. I just wonder what does he want from me? He used to send me money before at first it was ok for me but then I said to stop cuz I realized I don’t want to get used to it. What should I do

Favorite Answer

u said u haven't met yet, so what do u have to lose anyway? continue chatting with him meanwhile continue actively dating. i don't know what he wants, maybe he indeed plans to leave his wife when the kid goes to college, how would anyone except him know what does he want.

• Foofa

You're not even divorced yet and typically it takes a divorcee months to years to be capable of dating again. If you needed someone to talk to it should have been a therapist rather than a married man with every reason to lie to you. Get yourself into counseling and consider this man off limits until you're emotionally healthy and he's completely finished with his divorce. You need to get on your divorce as well. Legal separation is supposed to last weeks or months, not years. Neither you or this guy are even available to be dating. Using IG as your shrink was a big mistake.

He wants some "action" in exchange for the money he sent you. Start there. Do you always sell yourself so cheaply?

• Lizzy5 months agoReport

That's a bit harsh, even for an Anon. I hope this site is just an outlet for you and you aren't this bitter IRL, damn.

Look up the term catfish. You know nothing about this actual person. I still boggles my mind that people think they are in relationship with someone they have never met.

• i + i

The person you have "fallen" for is

entirely in your head, it is NOT him.

You haven't even BEGUN to know

him, and little you do know started

out based on a lie. Time to grow up.

• R L

the fact that he lied about divorce, this whole relationship was based on a lie.....reread what I just typed about 4 times...enough said I am sorry, I am a single dad raising my 17 yr old and he would welcome having dad happy...so again this whole thing is based on lies. Good luck

He wants a bit on the side. He won't leave his wife for you. He wants sex on the side. That's what I'm guessing I could be wrong though

I makes me laugh hysterically when a person thinks they are all in love with someone they've never met in person. Falling in love is a process which happens in person - and so does that initial attraction. We can't possibly know if we are even attracted to someone until we meet them IRL.

• God

He lied to you about the divorce. The whole thing sounds like bad news to me. I think I would cut it off with him.

• Brian

First, send him back any money he's already sent you. You don't want to feel "bought". He's not over his marriage yet so I would back off. Try to meet someone in your local area, that'd be your best bet.