Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 6 months ago

Will my Sony hsx200 digital bridge camera hold any of my images or even thumbnails? I lost my sd card with all my photos on?

.......gone.......

Nope. They are gone. A bridge camera rarely has internal storage and if it does, it's about 10 images.

Next time, save them to a computer and/or online storage.

• keerok

Nothing is saved to the camera. All pictures go to the SD card.

Then again, the SD card is not a permanent storage device. It is highly recommended that after a photo shoot or a day of shooting, you copy all pictures from the SD card to the computer. Furthermore, you should also make a (at least 1) separate backup to an external device (CD/DVD, USB, cloud, etc.). After that, format the SD card to prepare it for the next shoot. This way, you always have at least 2 copies and then when you work with the photos, always make a new copy first and work with the new copy. Make sure you always have at least 2 original copies in store.

• Frank

No, your images are gone. The camera doesn't have any internal storage capabilities.

Not likely. You have an owner's manual for the camera don't you? Have you never bothered to read it? It will tell you if the camera has any internal memory, but it is highly doubtful it does. Anyway, even if it does have some internal memory, it would be a tiny amount and with an SD card in place, all photos would be written to the card, NOT to any camera memory.

You have learned a lesson the hard way. Next time learn to take better care of your memory cards.