Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 9 months ago

Can lohmann brown eggs be hatched?

Hello guys,

When I was a kid we had 6 lohmann brown hens with 1 local rooster, we put some eggs under one of the hens that laid on them, and we gave some eggs to friends they had a hen laid on them, the friends hen was a local chicken,

But none of the eggs were hatched.

I know Lohmann's parents are different from chicks, but my question is: is it possible to hatch layer lohmann eggs.

If you know other layers chicken eggs that can not be hatched, please tell me, cause I'm thinking of starting a small project.

Thanks,

Favorite Answer

In order for eggs to hatch the rooster would have needed to breed with the hens. If the rooster was with the hens and some breeds you can not tell the chickens are roosters or hens without sexing them. The rooster could be infertile or to young to breed.

• 9 months agoReport

Thank you

• Snezzy

Some hens set better than others. Silkies, for example, will even try to hatch golf balls. People who are trying to hatch eggs of poor setters will often have several silkies.

• *****

There is no reason the eggs should not have hatched; your rooster likely was infertile.

• 9 months agoReport

Thank you