Was I treating my husband like a child?

My husband seems to think I enjoy treating him like a child. I'll come home from work and he won't be there so I'll call or text him asking his whereabouts. He gets mad. Even anytime he leaves the room I'll ask him casually where he's going. He'll usually give me some smart *** remark... show more My husband seems to think I enjoy treating him like a child. I'll come home from work and he won't be there so I'll call or text him asking his whereabouts. He gets mad. Even anytime he leaves the room I'll ask him casually where he's going. He'll usually give me some smart *** remark like, "mommy, I'll be right back." Well, yesterday my 24 year old son who lives with us told me that he had a seizure some time in his sleep and neither my husband or I heard him so I rushed home straight from work to check on him. By the time my husband got home my son was resting well. Since I hadn't gone to the gym yet I left to go workout and my husband was in the kitchen fixing dinner. I came home about an hour later and my husband was gone. Food still prepped on the counter and lights still on in the kitchen. I text him asking where he was and his reply was, "I went to go pick up my daughter from work, Mommy." My husband is 50 and feels that I treat him like a child. He says that he doesn't always need to announce where he's going if he's only going to be a few minutes. I guess my concern was that my son was in his room and what if he had another seizure while my husband was out? My husband made the comment when he came home saying, "so I can't go pick my daughter up from work because I'm watching your son so you can go to the gym? She's gotta sit outside her job waiting on you to come home from working out to release me of my duties?" Was I treating him like a child?
22 answers 22