One should have one child or Two?

one should have none

It depends on the parents

Not sure about that

Two is enough, I myself has 2 kids. me and my wife can support all of their needs.:)

• Nathan

As many as you both want.

Depends on how many you can handle well and want to handle. They aren't cheap or easy.

“Only’s are lonely” as the saying goes, although they’re known to be more creative, needing to entertain themselves. It’s a matter of financial capability, housing, and tolerance of children, and should be agreed on together.

• K8

It is up to the couple to decide how many. Some have none and some have one, several, or many.

My husband and I had two because we decided to have two.

My advice, unless you are ready to put in the effort required to be a good parent don't have any children.

According to Google: the average number of children per family in the UK has dropped - from 2.0 in 1971 to 1.8.

In the US it's: 1.9

I guess both have pros and cons....my parents had 2 of us which caused major sibling rivalries, I guess on the pro side, there was an extra person to share holidays with. Our family always had dinner at the table, it is nice to have a full table (but cost a bit more in food and extra work) Parents have to pay a little more for two kids. With only one kid, a parent can give lots of attention to that one child and it cost a little less. I guess it's like dog's and cat's...some people like several and others want only one. It's up to you, we're all different.

add...with 2 kids you would have a better chance one would be around when you get old for occasionally company and to help you along when you're elderly and can't do for yourself

As many as you want we had 5.