Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 10 months ago

Why does the magazine drop down on my Sako 270 rifle?

• BBean

Just drop...and that`s it? How far does it drop? Does it drop to the ground? I had a SKS that would drop the magazine floor plate and empty all the rounds left from recoil releasing a weak latch with weak spring. You can bet there`s something weak about the latch spring or just not engaged enough to stay put from the recoil.

The hydraulics on the mag release are bent or dirty.

Give it a good cleaning and adjustment according to specs and

the problem should clear up.

• Bear Crap

I'm with Adam, there are no hydraulics in Sako rifles. But it is possible the mag release is stuck from being dirty. Or the mag has problems.

• Adam D

A brief bit of internet research indicates that certain previous Sako rifles might have had an issue with this, though lots of what I was reading was people saying "this never happens to me". The magazines do seem to come out very easily according to some sources.

Could it be something about the way you're holding the rifle that causes you to bump the release? Are you getting the magazine in completely? Maybe when putting it in you're touching the release and it isn't connecting completely.

Damned decent gun, are you sure the magazine is the right one for it?