I really want to become an actress but I don't have the full package of abilities they're looking for, should I stop pursuing my dreams?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

You should take more acting lessons and learn to capitalize on what you do have.

• Login to reply the answers
  • John P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Depends what you mean by "being an actress". Local drama groups generally find a place for any enthusiastic person who wants to act as a hobby.

As for acting as you main occupation, be aware that it is a brutal profession, in which few people manage to make a good living. The few who do well are subject to much publicity.

• Pope
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Absolutely not! If you really want to be an actress you're wasting your time doing anything else. Seriously, don't spend your life filling it with things you don't like doing! That's a horrible and pointless existence.

No one starts off with the "full package of abilities". I didn't tap dance out of my mother's vagina, and I'm very sure you didn't come out singing "Don't Cry for me Argentina" in a perfect Mezzo-Soprano belt. You have to learn it. And to do that you have to try and mess it up a bit.

Don't give up on your dreams. :)

• ...Show all comments
    • Pope
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

I think ambitions give your life meaning and without meaning, life is completely worthless. To give up on your dreams is tantamount to suicide, in my opinion. She might not make it as an actress, but there's integrity in trying, there's not integrity in being a coward.

• 6 months ago

Great believer is pursuing your ambitions until your convinced that your wasting your time. There does come a point however where to continue you ambition AFTER you have received professional advice that you should try an alternative, is rather stupid and a waste of effort. That is not using your brains to get the most out of your life, is it ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Does every actor and actress 'have the full package of abilities'? I doubt it.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your problem is that you do NOT want to be an "actress," you want to be a movie star.

There is a big difference.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, stop pursuing your dreams and get a job at McDonald's.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

In a previous question you stated that you have no talent at all.

If that's the case, trying to become an actor would be pointless.

I'd have loved to have been a vet. But I was always terrible at science - biology, chemistry, physics, and maths. So obviously that 'dream' was out of the question.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If you haven't got what it takes you won't make a living out of it. Better to be realistic about it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Are we talking super popular, hollywood actress?

or just actress?

To make it to hollywood is pretty tough without sucking and fking your way there

even if youre down with that, its still pretty tough

millions try to make it to hollywood every year

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.