I really want to become an actress but I don't have the full package of abilities they're looking for, should I stop pursuing my dreams?

You should take more acting lessons and learn to capitalize on what you do have.

• John P

Depends what you mean by "being an actress". Local drama groups generally find a place for any enthusiastic person who wants to act as a hobby.

As for acting as you main occupation, be aware that it is a brutal profession, in which few people manage to make a good living. The few who do well are subject to much publicity.

• Pope

Absolutely not! If you really want to be an actress you're wasting your time doing anything else. Seriously, don't spend your life filling it with things you don't like doing! That's a horrible and pointless existence.

No one starts off with the "full package of abilities". I didn't tap dance out of my mother's vagina, and I'm very sure you didn't come out singing "Don't Cry for me Argentina" in a perfect Mezzo-Soprano belt. You have to learn it. And to do that you have to try and mess it up a bit.

Don't give up on your dreams. :)

• Pope

I think ambitions give your life meaning and without meaning, life is completely worthless. To give up on your dreams is tantamount to suicide, in my opinion. She might not make it as an actress, but there's integrity in trying, there's not integrity in being a coward.

Great believer is pursuing your ambitions until your convinced that your wasting your time. There does come a point however where to continue you ambition AFTER you have received professional advice that you should try an alternative, is rather stupid and a waste of effort. That is not using your brains to get the most out of your life, is it ?

Does every actor and actress 'have the full package of abilities'? I doubt it.

• Athena

Your problem is that you do NOT want to be an "actress," you want to be a movie star.

There is a big difference.

Yes, stop pursuing your dreams and get a job at McDonald's.

• Cogito

In a previous question you stated that you have no talent at all.

If that's the case, trying to become an actor would be pointless.

I'd have loved to have been a vet. But I was always terrible at science - biology, chemistry, physics, and maths. So obviously that 'dream' was out of the question.

If you haven't got what it takes you won't make a living out of it. Better to be realistic about it.

Are we talking super popular, hollywood actress?

or just actress?

To make it to hollywood is pretty tough without sucking and fking your way there

even if youre down with that, its still pretty tough

millions try to make it to hollywood every year