Jessi asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 3 months ago

Is the weather getting cooler in Guangdong, as it's almost Autumn now?

Planning to go back to my grandparents' hometown Guangdong for the Mid-Autumn Festival reunion, should I bring some sweaters or jackets? Is it already cold now?

Mid-Autumn Festival falls on September 13 this year. September in Guangzhou or other cities in Guangdong province is a transitional season from summer to autumn, but the weather is still hot and humid. The average high temperature reaches up to 31°C (75°F), with an average rainfall of 166 mm.

There may be occasional typhoons bringing heavy rain in early or middle September. It gradually gets drier and cooler in the morning and evening to the latter of the month.

All types of shorts are still fine to wear in this month. Take a long-sleeved shirt or T-shirt as well in case of a sudden fall in temperature after heavy rain or if in an air-conditioned room for a long time. Pack an additional layer if visiting Guangzhou in late September.

I've been there in February and didn't need a jacket.

It was 34C in South China today