Can I re create an existing logo - completely from scratch - and print on a jacket for personal use?

As in, the re created logo looks pretty much identical to the original car manufacturers logo - Land Rover. All I've done is create an ellipse in illustrator, added the same text - in a similar font, not the original - drawn on serif ends to parts of the letters as the original font cannot be found - and drawn the 2 chevron shapes either side of the words. Was just for a jacket of mine, not for re sale obviously. I mean stupid question as it's 'copyright' and I've essentially 'copied' it, but for personal use only. Many thanks

• You will have infringed upon trademark law.

That still violates trademark laws, sorry. The only way to avoid a legal issue is if it's a parody.

• Tim D

Yes you can.

That does not mean that what you have done is legal or that JLR could not come after you with pickaxe handles and lawyers to force you to destroy it.

But realistically they would not bother.