Whether it's diet restrictions, personal hygiene stuff, a skull cap or a burka, religious restrictions are stupid, why comply?

Unless someone will kill you for religion.

Favorite Answer

"Whether it's diet restrictions, personal hygiene stuff, a skull cap or a burka, religious restrictions are stupid, why comply?"

As if the magic master of the entire fvcking universe cares what human apes wear or eat on this insignificant planet in the middle of nowhere.

• 6 months agoReport

http://darwinkilledgod.blogspot.com

Prove that they are stupid, and your question might even become intelligent. Try not to beg the question. Loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves are never stupid things to do.

Religion was created by people to either control people, or to help them try to be good enough to go to heaven (and that's stupid) No one can be good enough. I know I'm not.

'Goodness' is a gift if we allow Jesus to take away our "sin".

Did you know Jesus was completely anti-religious?

It was one of his greatest traits -- he stood opposed to the "religious" way of trying to please God. Instead, he said he had come to finally ABOLISH all religion and provide a spiritual way of having intimate, direct relationship with our Creator.

No longer, he said, should we have to go through institutions and religious organizations to come to God. Instead we can now "dial direct" and have a relationship with God through Jesus. How wonderful! :)

That's why I do my best to be as "irreligious" as possible and stress the fact that I support the Christian FAITH, but not the Christian RELIGION.

That's what makes the Jesus of history so attractive to me -- he never came to start a new religion, but to show us how we can come directly to God through him.

It's up to you whether or not you want to follow this man. He invites everyone. If you don't want to, He walks away without you.

• Peter

Stop worrying, you don't have to.

No one can help if they were born into a sect or cult. It is hard to divest oneself of traditions that remain dear to family and friends. And who can prove that these traditions are worthless? It could be that the traditions helped you to be the person you are and so why jettison things that you know not if they are beneficial or not? I

As opposed to butthole diving the atheist pastime?

Why comply to ANY rules? A lot of them are stupid. Ever heard of OSHA?? You comply because of the repercussions of not complying, and because some of the rules do actually make sense. AND because when the rules are religious, you have chosen to. No one is forcing you to...don't worry about the rest of us. I trust God a lot more than OSHA to make rules for a good reason. God isn't collecting revenue when we break his rules.

• Cogito

I suppose if someone's religion has such rules, people feel that they cannot really follow that religion unless they abide by all its rules and laws.

However, most people who do identify as followers of any religion pick and choose which rules to obey and which to disregard.