promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Do you agree that there is white privilege?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

There's probably some sort of white privilege in predominantly white nations. Likewise, there's also some sort of black or Asian privilege in predominantly black and Asian countries, respectively. Outsiders and minorities usually have it (slightly) harder. Something similar happens to queer people.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Definitely not. I'm white, and I've had to work myself half to death to accomplish anything in this world.

• 9 months ago

I live in a city that's half black. Most of the city workers are black. Bus drivers. Water department. Streets department. City representatives. Mail carriers. Courthouse employees. Almost all of these employees are black and these are well paying jobs. I know bus drivers make almost $30 an hour and so do the mail carriers. Psh...white privilege

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

Do whites get treated slightly better than coloured people in identical situations? In many cases yes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes & no,

I do think that WP exists for a minority of

what would be known as white ppl based on

their wealth but not the average joe which

is sad :`(

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Most definately

Absolutely

Without the slightest of doubt

• Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Yeah, like Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Ted Kennedy, Diane Feinstein...

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

There's no such thing as white privilege.

"So why did this asinine concept even become a thing"?

Easy. Because once upon a time minorities such as African-Americans and Hispanics were forcefully enslaved in America largely at the hands of white people.

And because of that historical injustice, anything that attacks whites from now until forever is fair game no matter how stupid, ridiculous, or horribly ignorant. Anything, all of it.

Lincoln freed the slaves and established emancipation in 1864. That was over 150 years ago, which establishes 2 things:

1) No black person today has ever endured slavery and

2) No white person today has ever owned a slave

And I'm not saying all of this as a white person, I'm 100% Mexican. But it doesn't take a white person to see how dumb the race baiting is. We live in the greatest and freest country in world history, count your blessings and stfu. [not u, I mean people in general]

• 9 months ago

I agree to a point, but I think the term is too fluid and too oversold. There are lots people who are privileged for lots of different reasons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.