Will an occasional cigarette kill you?

Will smoking ocassionaly still make you die of either lung cancer, emphysema, heart disease or a heart attack?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Dj2541
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

If its only the odd cigarette then its not a true addiction so just stop??

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Probably not. In fact your overall odds of getting cancer are pretty slim even if you were exposed to multiple packs per day- as cancer rates are measured in terms of number per thousand. Emphysema likewise is often misdiagnosed for other respiratory diseases.

• Dj2541
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

That is the most asinine statement I have read in ages!!!! It makes NO sense at all.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

One cigarette will kill you.

• 11 months ago

There's no guarantee that any action will or will not kill you; risky behavior just increases your chances. Like if you play Russian Roulette with 1 bullet in 1 of 6 chambers, your chance of dying in one shot is less than 20%, but increases each time you play. Picture an individual cigarette being a bullet in a revolver with 1000 chambers.

There is the added drawback that if someone becomes addicted to increasing levels of smoking, the risk gets just that much greater.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

You may decide to never smoke a cigarette in your life, then the same day get hit by a bus.

• 11 months ago

Richard Pryor famously said, and I misquote, "Cocaine is not addictive. I've been doing it everyday for the past 12 years". Just like nicotine, the more you use it, them more your body craves more.

• Phillip11 months agoReport

Rodney Dangerfield said, "I don't like the effect cocaine gives you, I just like the way it smells!!"

• 11 months ago

No but your sphincter might give out from time to time causing the occasional poo dribble in your underwear.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

Probably not. They are highly addictive though and yes it can so damage.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Just drink gallons & gallons & gallons of water.

• Joe
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

the chances arent as high as a regular smoker

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.