what should i do?

my mom is struggling, financially. she pays everything herself, rent, electric, etc. i only pay the internet... well, 1/3 of it. But its because im a full time student. she says i shouldn't worry and that once i graduate college things should change, but my mom has never been this sad before. we're about to lose our apartment. this past year i've been thinking about working full time at some warehouse to help out. obviously i would have to post pone school, im 21 years old. but i feel like if i do that, i wouldn't get a chance to graduate anymore since i'd be too busy working. sometimes i feel like a burden, i work part time, but only make enough to pay my own bills (car note, phone, tuition, etc)

"obviously i would have to postpone school, I'm 21 years old. but I feel like if I do that, I wouldn't get a chance to graduate anymore since I'd be too busy working"

You gotta do what you gotta do. This isn't an uncommon scenario among college students. Get a full time job and work for awhile. Once the dust settles see if you have some extra time to continue your schooling part time while working full time. It isn't exactly the traditional college experience but community colleges are generally very affordable. If you work full time and take classes there you might be able to pay for it out of pocket and come out with little or no debt. Nowadays that's a grandiose accomplishment in itself.

Just take 1 or 2 classes per semester. You'll feel like your degree program is moving slower than a snail through honey in January but you might stumble on a situation where you're in better financial shape than you were and you can go back to school full time while working part time to finish your degree faster. You gotta keep on blazin'.

The important thing is you didn't give up. If we really want something we'll find a way to make it happen. If we don't we'll find an excuse. How bad do you want this?

Listen to your mom that's the only help u could do. She is giving everything with a lil hope in you. Don't stop school.

Everyone struggles, but you have a car, a phone, and even internet. Life is actually pretty good

• daniel6 months agoReport

You didn't answer the question though, should I work full time or stay a student?

My mom is struggling too !!!!!

• daniel6 months agoReport