mdb84 asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 12 months ago

So my daughter is 8. She told me she sees something like paint splatters in her vision at night, like when we turn off the light. Any ideas?

She also said it happened to her at Awanas and it was not dark there. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I'm afraid it might be something bad, is this normal?

It could be a problem with her eyes. It could be a reaction to a change in the light. If you are worried, take her and get her eyes checked.

Your daughter needs to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist, and the sooner the better, because she may have a serious eye problem that needs treatment. You don't want her to go blind because you weren't paying attention to these symptoms she's having. Ophthalmologists are DOCTORS (as in MD's) who specialize in treating diseases and disorders of the eye and the surrounding tissue. Look in the phone book for the address of one close to you, and make an appointment. Or ask your daughter's pediatrician for a referral to an eye specialist.

What does her eye doctor say?

It could be a sign of a torn retina which left untreated could cause complete vision loss. When ever you aren't sure … see a doctor.

Take her to an optometrist