Cody asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 11 months ago

Is it disrespectful to get a Marine tattoo ?

I want to ask another question is it disrespectful for me to get a Marine tattoo I only want to get one because my dad's father severed during Vietnam I just want to get the Crest and my grandfather serves rank and number I won't do it if it ends up getting my *** kicked .

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

Unless you are a marine it is disrespectful to get this tattoo.

There are plenty of ways for you to honor your grandfather with a military tattoo, but getting the marine crest when you aren't a marine is disrespectful to the actual people who have served their country as a marine. You will have a hard time finding an artist who will do this for you because of that.

There are other ways to honor your grandfather with a tattoo. You could always get just his name or get an image of something that reminds you of him.

• Cody10 months agoReport

Thanks I'll think of something else then

Why don't you ask your Dad and Grandfather?

• Cody10 months agoReport

Because my grandfather is dead and my dad doesn't know

Bet I could fuckx dat cheap whorex 4 2$

Source(s): Yung N White School Shooter Type
  • Nancy

I wouldn't. Getting one wouldn't stand to commemorate your dad but look like you claiming to be a Marine yourself. Ever heard of "stolen valor"?

• Cody11 months agoReport

Yes I have and no I'm not I'll have you know that hate people that do that and I only asked this question because I wanted to get a memorial tattoo for my grandfather that's it