My ekg came back abnormal but I was super nervous and my heart was racing during the ekg. Would that affect the results?

I am 16 and have been getting heart palpitations for a while my doctor always said it was my bad anxiety. The last visit I had with my doctor she recommended getting a electrocardiogram. It came back abnormal and I am soooo nervous. My dad was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat but it’s not serious. While I was taking it my heart was racing cause I was nervous would that affect the results? I also got two shots that day at the drs and I was a bit dehydrated and didn’t eat much of a breakfast.

Be sure the person interpreting the results know all those details. Regardless of your nerves, if anxiety is causing irregular heartbeats that is a concern.

No it shouldn’t other than the rate

I FORGOT TO MENTION I am insulin resistant and one of the symptoms of that is heart palpitations.