Wordpress trouble setting a homepage.?

I ve tried to set a static home page on Wordpress. But whenever I go to my homepage, an index.html is served. I ve deleted the index.html in my root directory, but it comes back. What is wrong here?

• Roddy

If somebody enters just your domain name when accessing a web site the web server automatically serves up a page called index.html, so such a page needs to be there or an error will occur.

If you want a page with a different name served to anyone trying to visit your site then edit the index.html file to include an auto-redirect to the page you want. Upload both your 'actual' home page and the index.html file to your site.

More information is needed, such as plugins and theme and any changes you may have made to .htaccess. I suggest you take this question to a Wordpress support forum instead of here. Good luck.