Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

Why is there a double standard here?

My brother used to be an exotic dancer. My parents fully supported his decision. Now I am one, and they object because I’m a girl. Why is it OK for my brother to be an exotic dancer but they have so many issues with me doing it? Also isn’t it hypocritical that my parents have anything against me being an exotic dancer when they both go to strip clubs at times? If they see something wrong with it, why do they go support other strippers?

• Foofa

Yes, but it may have more to do with your physical safety than with some skewed morality on their part. Male dancers are rarely if ever targeted for assault in the same way female dancers are. But just remember that a dancing "career" is very short so you need to be channeling the money you earn into getting an education so you have some way to make a living once gravity takes its toll on your body.

maybe cause youre a girl but i wouldnt let them stop you from doing it