How did Bruce Springsteen age so well?

I realize this may be such a dumb question, but with the movie Blinded by the Light having just come out, this has come to my attention again (I've been listening to his songs for the last several months now). How is it that at nearly 70, Bruce Springsteen is still very attractive?

Favorite Answer

There has always been this image of rock stars living it high, partying all night, taking drugs, drinking booze, smoking dope, taking acid, etc.

Most of that is just hype, I have seen so many times these elderly artists look much younger than their real age, probably because they have access to the best personal trainers and nutritionists.

Those 'billionaire' artists from that era like Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger, Joe Cocker, George Harrison were far healthier in their later years than 99% of average people, look at their flat stomachs how many hours in the gym would it take to look like that for decades?

You cant get that without sticking to a good diet, getting plenty of sleep and avoiding drugs and booze, you cant be working and touring constantly and partying all night at the same time and expect to have a long successful career.

The ones that actually did that were burned out by age 30

Plastic and Grecian Formula

Luck I guess.........

• Murzy

His wife keeps him young.