Nathan asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 6 months ago

Should I cancel my debit card?

Lately, ive noticed suspicious charges on my account dating from months back. I ve finally had enough, since they ve taken over 1,000 dollars of my money! Ive thoroughly checked all my receipts (digital and physical) and nothing shows up to explain the charges, Is this going to affect my credit score too? Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Hi Nathan,

It is good that you have checked all your receipts because it is the first step that should be taken if you think your card is hacked. After this, you need to contact your bank immediately and tell them about these suspicious charges.

If they do not want to help you or say that they cannot do it, so you are able to submit a complaint. And then debit card issuers will deal with it - they will investigate your charges and take action quickly. Don't worry, it takes not more than 10-13 business days. Remember that you also have a right to see the results of their investigation.

Be careful next time! Good luck!

If you notice any unauthorized charges on your account keep in mind that the best thing to do first is to report the issue with your bank. They will make the necessary investigation about this. Your credit score won't be affected.

No, it won't affect your credit score but why are you okay with paying fraudulent charges? Anyone else would promptly dispute an unauthorized/fraudulent charge.

• Judy

call your bank and report what happened. Why didn't you call the first time it happened?

Yes, you should cancel the card.

No, it doesn't affect your score.

call the bank tell them about it and check your credit card statements their something going on here you don't know about

Why are you talking only to us? Call your debit card company immediately.

And you haven't complained to the bank?

BS