Photographer doing me wrong?

So I have a regular photographer and hes a good friend. Anyways I had a Photoshoot a month ago the same day I turned in the photos I wanted edited. 11 total. I still haven t got them a month later. Hes promised me twice and always replies that hes almost done. He said it takes a hour to do 1 photo. Hes had 30 days. Am I overreacting or is he in the wrong? I paid 700 dollars

If I charged that much (which I wouldn't unless they were specialty pictures) I'd have them done within a week. Even if they were super complex pictures that required several hours processing a piece, I'd still have them done within a week or maximum a day per picture. Maybe if he was over booked I could see some delay, but if I charged someone $700, they would be a priority. If he really is a good friend and the pictures turn out great, I'd at least ask for a reduction in price. Personally, I find that it often also takes me about an hour to process a picture, however, I do very extensive editing and because I do this so often I am also very fast at it. People always ask me to do portraits, and I always refuse. In fact, I priced myself out of the market at $250+ a session so that people would stop asking me - So, for $700 they better be freaking awesome artistic pictures.

- I don't consider myself a famous professional or anything, but I've sold pictures all over the world, my work has been in magazines, brochures/advertisements and a few galleries. Also developing quite a following on social media.

700 for 11 photos!? Is he famous?

Editing is such a nuisance and can take awhile but if he other photos that were due to get done before yous then you will be waiting. If he charges that then he isn't going to pop you to the front of the queue.

• keerok

Either he's a bad photographer for needing to do that much in Photoshop or he's a bad graphic artist for taking too much time to get it right. Worse, he could be both. I say you get your money back fast.

One hour per photo? THAT is absurd for any normal retouching. Either he is the world's worse at Photoshop or he is lying to you big time. NO reasonably skilled photographer should need an hour to do one photo. That is beyond absurd, that is ridiculous. I would have 11 photos back to you in a couple of days, and even that would be taking my time with them. You need to tell him that you are sorry, but you will have to begin legal proceedings against him OR he will need to refund your $700.

If you paid him then he needs to produce at the time you specify in the contract. You do have a contract right.

If you say it should be done by August 20th then it needs to be done by that time. If not, you can sue and ask for your money back.