Advice on Ho train?

I acquired this layout and hooked up an inexpensive power pack. Out of three locomotives they did little more than budge. One lit up at one point . One moved a few feet. Does this sound like dirty tracks? I did clean the track with mineral spirits. What is the railroadman-like way to solve the problem.... show more I acquired this layout and hooked up an inexpensive power pack. Out of three locomotives they did little more than budge. One lit up at one point . One moved a few feet.
Does this sound like dirty tracks? I did clean the track with mineral spirits. What is the railroadman-like way to solve the problem. Tracks do not look dirty. In my past experience, dirty tracks never stopped the trains.
Update: What is the correct operating volts for HO? Does much trackage require more power pack?